Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Scrappin' Style

I am currently taking LOAD, Layout A Day, with Laine Ehmann at Big Picture Classes. For the past 9 weeks we have been "getting into shape" for our 26 layout marathon. Starting September, 1, 2011, we will make a layout a day. This week, Laine challenged each of us to identify our scrapbooking style. And of course, I thought, "what style? I don't have a particular style. I "SCRAPLIFT" everyone else's style". But per our homework, I watched Stacy Julian's video,(let's see if I can enter the link) Stacy Julian's Video reviewed my recently created LOs, and made a list of similar creative trends within my layouts. So without further ado, here is my current style:

1. Hand Journal
2.Use multiple pics
3. Up until May (past 3 months), double page LOs (Lain, May and Nic are breaking me of this habit)
4. 4x6 photos (hand crop on occasion)
5. Use colored CS as background
5.5 INK the edges, use tattered angels spray ink on background+
6. Use a sketch/challenge as a starting point
7. Lots of pre-made/make n take kits, in past 3 months: more kits w/ PP, embellishments etc all together
8. Lots of Prima flowers/embellishments
9. No B&W photos
10. Titles are an after-thought

then, I realized I forgot (which I added after #5) inking (edges)/spritzing (tattered angels)

I also saw I am trying a lot of new techniques and mimicking artists' styles (saw lots of Nic, May and Lain) This was a very interesting homework assignment. IT was very enlightening. Still thinking about what my HW LO will be, but I can't wait to find out! Thanks for making me "think and observe" Lain!

So, the challenge is to now see if I can truly make a layout a day for 26 days, starting on Thursday! Wish me luck! Part of our homework assigment was to create a layout based on our newly identified scrapbooking style. So below is the page I crated and submitted.  It is of the CN tower in Toronto, Canada.  It is the tallest tower in the world.


P.S.  I am so freaking excited that I finally figured out how to add a link to a video or someone's blog!  Yahoo.  Hope I don't forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment