Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Anniversary - 13 Years

Wow I can't believe it has been thirteen years since Chet & I said "I Do"! It feels like it was yesterday! Long white dress, 105 degrees outside, the flowers, the mass, the vows, "THE KISS", Cake to heavy to have all layers on display, ran out of wine 2x, the candy bouquet toss, dacha dacha, dancing till after midnight! What fun!!

According, to Etiquette by Ms. Post, the 13th Anniversary present is "Lace". How do you give LACE to a Farmer? A farmer who just walked in covered from head to toe in grease, dirt, and sweat! (He's never so sexier as he is covered in work! Something primal about that look!) Ok back to the LACE present. Well, how do you give a man lace for an anniversary present? Here is what I came up with! My true first attempt at Tim Holtz' kraft resist with distress inks. I sprayed it with Tattered Angels pearl mist. I stamped LOVE in brick red and embossed it on the card too. I also stamped Forever on the ticket. I used a Prima flower. The picture is a little shiny. I am still learning my way around stamps, inks, etc. But I am happy with how it turned out! AND I accomplished my task: give Lace as a gift!!




The last picture is what I put on the bottom right inside part of the card. This is part of the kraft resist piece I tore off on the front. I stamped Love b/ could not see so I outlined the stamp w/ Red Stickles. Waste not want not...(Didn't think anyone would want to read what I wrote him.) I am happy with how it turned out. Now let's see if dinner will be...Cooking at home! Got the table set with China & Crystal...

No comments:

Post a Comment