Wednesday, August 10, 2011

10 Things

10 Things I like about trying something new: like participating in "10 THings"

1. If I don't like it, I can say "I tried it and I don't like it" and never have to eat, say, or do it again!

2. I actually sometimes find something NEW I LIKE: Yellow Squash & Zucchini I never ate yellow squash and zucchini before I was pregnant! Now I have(or had) a garden full of it! YUM!!!!

3. I can become enlightened, more knowledgeable about the obscure or the norm.

4. I overcome a sense of "fear" or rejection, such as participating in "10 Things" without adding any pictures and allowing someone to come visit my blog when I KNOW I need to take Shimelle's Blog class (and haven't yet) to improve my blog! (I will soon!) I am doing this on the fly because I just NEED to participate to overcome the fear of critique.

5. I become proud of myself for attempting something new, when so many others might shy away! I feel a sense of accomplishment and uniqueness!

6. I become stronger! When I try something new and "LIVE THROUGH IT" like quitting my job to be a stay at home mom, I feel empowered!

7. It gives me bragging rights! Nananana! I did it and you didn't! (I do try to keep the taunting to myself! Might lose some friends if I don't)

8. Goals are accomplished! This may be something crossed off my life bucket list or daily to do list.

9. You can meet new friends with a new activity in common!

10. It can be just plain FUN!!! TRY SOMETHING NEW TODAY!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to be better prepared next month! (I know Shimelle gave us a reminder yesterday...)

2 comments:

  1. Great list, Lisa!!! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list Lisa!!!
    Got to love yellow squash...can`t get enough here either and i am not pregnant,lol!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete