Sunday, November 13, 2011

Make A Banner/Garland: Shimelle


The next challenge in Shimelle's Christmas Crafting Weekend was to make a banner or garland.  Shimelle showed us some spectacular examples for the creating  a holiday garland made out of package tags which could hang anywhere in your home.  However, the Journal Your Christmas an online class with Shimelle has really taken hold in my head.  On the previous post, I found an album, 6x6 Christmas paper pack (Cosmo Cricket's Jolly by Golly) and 30 of the 36 page protectors I need to participate.  When I started thinking about this challenge, I knew that a tag garland is just not my type of home decor, but I loved the idea (which the first person who posted to this challenge gave me) was to create a garland on a scrapbook page.  So, I made the first page to my Journal Your Christmas album.  I already had a precut white glitter 6x6 page; so, I cut out a bunch of triangle from Christmas paper scraps (mostly Flair by Design & Bo Bunny) to make the "banner", used black glitter letters (memory makers) and fiber from Basic Grey to create the "rope".  I did include an epoxy Christmas tree eyelet (Making Memories) on the banner.  It is simple and to the point "Days of Christmas '11".  Here is my front title page for my Christmas Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment