Saturday, April 14, 2012

Shimelle's Cropping Weekend, Challenge #4; TWELVE: Things

I have completed 3 of the 6 challenges issued on Shimelle's blog site during her Cropping Weekend.  Yes, I have gone out of order.  I have skipped Challenge 3 and completed Challenge 4, which is scrap with the colors grey and yellow, but then add one additional color of your choice.  I chose RED, which is my favorite color.  I used American Crafts "Chaps" grey paper and some left over yellow gingham pattern paper.  The yellow w/ red swirl is BoBunny and JBS journal cards. I created the red scallop with Studio Calico red spray mist onto a Pink Paislee mistable border. The big yellow flower with red center & scallop heart are from Sassafras.

 I also combined one of the monthly topics, things, from Stacy Julian's TWELVE class at Big Picture Classes into the challenge. 
I chose to scrap my purse, which I have retired after 22 years!  I received my blue w/ brown trim Dooney & Burke bag purse when I was a senior in high school.  I have used it faithfully, with a few daliances throughout the years.  My faithful purse had come into scrutiny by family and friends.  In fact, my mother had purchased me a Fossil purse at Christmas, which I encouraged her to return.  But look at all it holds:  my iPAD, phone, lipstick holder, notebook, sun glasses, keys, notes and so much more!

We did send it back to Dooney & Burke due to a stain on it and they sent me a new or refurbished purse.  Unfortunately, they do not participate in this program any more.  In February/March of 2012, I retired the purse after my friend's mother GAVE me a new Dooney & Burke bag purse, just opposite colors (brown with blue trim) because she couldn't stand to look at my faithful purse any longer.  My mother was sooo excited.  And yes, everyone commented on my new purse stating they were so happy I had a new one!  So here's my tribute to my faithful purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment