Saturday, April 14, 2012

Shimelle's Croping Weekend Challenge #2; TWELVE Family Stories

Shimelle Laine is hosting an on-line cropping weekend with several different challenges and on-line community discussions regarding several scrapbooking dilemnas!  I am having a blast!  Challenge #2 was to use 3+ paper collections on a single layout.  And of course, I wanted to scrap one of my topics from my TWELVE class at Big Picture Classes.  I chose "Family Stories" And I did it!

 I used K&Co. "Blue & Yellow" line from 2003 (? I think) Yes, that is the name on the back of the coordinating papers.  This is the blue square with alphabet letters on it. This is the NEVER ENDING paper collection.  I must have bought 5 sheets of each design, which had 25 paper designs, in the collection line. So, I thought is was very fitting that my oldest paper sits on top of my newest purchase of Heidi Swapp's No Limits pattern paper.  I used 2 sheets from this paper collection, the white lined background sheet and the orange paper with the circles.  Finally, I used a paper from Flair Design, family collection.  This green strip has the word "Father" written in different languages and/or forms of the word on it.  I do believe Flair Design is no longer in business.  I absolutely loved this company.  They put example layouts on the back of each paper.  I also used Love, Elsie big chunky letters complimented with Tiny Alphas by Cosmo Cricket.  I am absolutely thrilled to use up some of my oldest stash!  Thanks Shimelle!

The family story is one that reoccurs daily.  My husband will walk into the house filthy, exhausted, hot and hungry.  (Look at the picture of my husband in the top left.)  The first words out of my 9 year old son's mouth are, "Daddy! Daddy, will you play with me?".  And everyday, my husband and I chuckle wearily and everyday Daddy plays with his son.  They will go back outside into the hot sun to play catch, bow practice or come into my scrap room and sit on the steps, playing games on the iPOD or just have a tickle fight!  Daddy "hearts" You!

No comments:

Post a Comment