Sunday, March 13, 2016

Shimelle's Weekend Crop: Use Frames Challenge

The Use Frames Challenge from Shimelle's Weekend Crop was definitely the MOST difficult for me.  I truly struggled on this layout for two days- holding up my entire crop progress.  Until...I started looking through my albums for inspiration, when I realized I needed a "closing" page for my son's "Athletics" album of his younger years.  Although I didn't quite use the correct pictures for the time period in the album, the pictures on the layout do give you a hint of the future and what is to come.  I pulled out a lot of poloroid style frames and a some baggies with old "odds and ends" finding ALL of these frames in the various bags.  Certainly not my favorite layout but 1. I used TONS of OLD supplies/scraps (everything is over a year old) 2. I got a "closing" page for an album I finished (or at least I thought I finished) several years ago.  I definitely will use the "frames" design in the future when I need a closing/filler/starting page for an album.

No comments:

Post a Comment