Saturday, March 5, 2016

Shimelle's Crop Weekend: Scrap Something of Value Challenge

Challenge #2 for me from Shimelle's Crop Weekend is to scrap something of value.  It is a 6x12 page which will have all the journaling of this photo and my trip to South Texas on the backside.  It will be the beginning of a small set of layouts about my Rio Grande Texas visit.

I made an impromptu visit to Texas.  First stop was at my mother's home to attend my niece's graduation from A&M.  Then the following morning I left for the Rio Grande Valley to visit my grandmother.  My cousin and her husband graciously allowed me to stay at home, where we had time to visit and catch up.  Upon my arrival on Saturday, I went to cousin's home, where she & I went to my grandmother's Assisted Living Apartment.  This is the conversation that occured.

     Tammi said, "Mammi your surprise is here." (Tammi had told Mammi she was going to receive a surprise this weekend.)

     I said, "Hello Mammi.  It's Lisa!  I came to see and visit with you!"

    We hugged and kissed and then Mammi said, "Oh, I thought Richard (my brother) was going to be my surprise!"

Tammi & I just looked at each other, shaking our heads laughing.  I can't win for losing!

  I value this picture because I wasn't positive I would be able to make the 15 hour (2 day) trip to spend time with my Grandmother, who is 86 years old.  We spent the day visiting and accomplishing one of her requests, sending out Christmas cards.  It took us 6 hours to write and send out 25 Christmas cards.  By 5pm that evening she was shooing me out the door so she could eat her dinner in peace and then relax.  Although Mammi was happy to see me, she may have been happier to see me leave that evening! I snapped this selfie of me and Mammi at her assisted living apartment at the end of our all day Christmas Card writing stint.  I am amazed we were both still smiling.
December 19, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment