Tuesday, September 20, 2011

LOAD: Day 20 & Ella Publishing Drill #3


Today's LOAD challenge was to use an action shot you took during training (or any picture you took during training as part of the homework assignments).  The bottom picture is a photo of my scraproom, which was part of our training homework assignments. The picture of above is a candid of me, which my son took while I was sitting at the computer in my scrap room.  I wanted to highlight a little poem I wrote the eve of the eve of LOAD.  The poem can be read in its entirety by clicking on this link Twas The Night Before LOAD .  The names of the scrappers are of a small "accountability group" within MotherLOAD.  I have been waiting all month to scrap this poem with a picture of my scrap room;  today's prompt was the calling! I have had a blast during LOAD!!  I have also incorporated Ella Publishing's Boot Camp Drill #3, stamp a background by Nichol Magorik and Jennifer McGuire's Inspiration lesson of using distress inks.  I stamped the entire "pattern paper" background using Tim Holtz' Distress Inks (Fired Brick, Faded Jeans, Walnut Stain & Spiced Marmalade: my only colors of ink) on multi patterned Inkadinkado stamp.  I placed all four colors of ink on the stamp, misted it with water and randomly stamped a white piece of cardstock, creating a "patterned paper" background. In addition, I used spiced marmalade & fired brick on a dot stamp.  Using the dot stamp, I stamped watercolor paper, misted and cut out the title LOAD using my Cricut.  I matted the title in black cardstock. Last, I used stickles on the dots in the title, making them sparkle.  I tried to pull out the stamped butterfly by including glittered butterflies on the page.   I matted the poem and pictures in Bazzill Bling Cardstock.  I kind of like the look.  I need to procure some new stamps to make this "stamped background" look even better.  I had fun making this layout.   Thanks for looking!

2 comments: