Friday, September 30, 2011

Ella's Boot Camp Drill #10 Inspiration


Ella Publishing's Boot Camp Drill #10 was to create a layout based on a magazine ad.  I found this drill the MOST DIFFICULT!!!  But I trudged through and gave it a try.  Instead of focusing on trying to mimic the style of the ad, I focused on the colors + a few style elements.  First, I don 't look at too many magazines.  I happen to have this Southern Living magazine laying around; so, I chose this page for its COLORS.  Her turquoise dress against the brownish red brick, brown dress behind her and the dark green of the bushes and grass are what inspired me to chose photos and paper to coordinate.  I also like the puffy white letters of the title in the add.  I tried to mimic.  In addition, I added a blue green striped layer at the bottom to resemble the grass. Unfortunately, I ordered a clear pen vs a white pen; so, my journaling was done in white.  Not the best layout, nor do I think I will use this drill very often (my mind doesn't think this way). 

1 comment:

  1. I think you did a great job, but I know what you mean about how our brains work!

    A couple of the drills were so hard for me just because of how my brain works! LOL

    ReplyDelete